Key Contacts For The Public
Consumer Contact Info
Consumer Information Center: 800.952.5210, Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, except holidays.
Answers general consumer questions and complaints and helps identify locations of licensed Smog Check stations.
BAR Industry Help Desk: 866.860.8509, Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, except holidays.
Answers questions about technical matters, equipment, and BAR program (STAR, CAP, etc.) issues for stations and technicians.
- Consumer Information Center: 800.952.5210, Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, except holidays.
Consumer Assistance Program
866.272.9642, Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, except holidays
The Consumer Assistance Program (CAP) helps California consumers to comply with smog emission standards for their vehicle.
CAP allows qualified motorists to receive up to $500 in emissions-related repairs from the state.
Eligible consumers must take their vehicles to authorized Smog Check repair stations to perform repair services.
CAP also administers the Vehicle Retirement Program.
- 866.272.9642, Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, except holidays
Smog Check Parts
800.622.7733, Open 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, except
Locate hard-to-find emissions parts needed to bring vehicles into compliance with state law.
If the parts are not available, issues a "Limited Parts Exemption" which is mailed to the motorist.
- 800.622.7733, Open 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, except holidays
Miscellaneous Contact Numbers
DCA/BAR Small Business/DVBE Advocate
DCA/BAR Field OfficesAnswer general consumer questions and complaints and help identify locations of licensed Smog Check stations.
- Bakersfield: 3331 N. Sillect Avenue, 661.335.7400
- Culver City: 6001 Bristol Parkway, 310.410.0024
- Fresno: 7130 N. Marks Avenue, 559.445.5015
- Hercules: 625 Alfred Nobel Drive, Suite A, 510.964.3030
- Irvine (formerly Placentia): 16735 Von Karman Avenue, Suite 100, 949.988.5252
- Riverside: 1450 Iowa Avenue, Suite 150, 951.782.4250
- Sacramento: 10949 North Mather Boulevard, 916.403.8080
- San Diego: 16855 W. Bernardo Drive, Suite 112, 858.716.1025
- San Jose: 6860 Santa Teresa Boulevard, 408.277.1860
- South El Monte: 1180 Durfee Avenue, Suite 120, 626.575.6934
- South San Francisco: 395 Oyster Point, Suite 102, 650.827.2074
- Valencia: 27202 Turnberry Lane, Suite 250, 661.702.6600
Mailing Address: (Application with Fees)
P.O. BOX 989001
West Sacramento, CA 95798-9001
10949 North Mather Boulevard
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Other BAR Phone Numbers
BAR Auto Body Program: 866.799.3811
BAR Service Desk: 866.860.8509
BAR Referee Scheduing Center: 800.622.7733
BAR Web Site Contact
To send an email for suggestions, or if you are experiencing technical difficulties related to BAR's Web site, email BAR's Web Master at BARMaster@dca.ca.gov.
BAR Program Contact
To send an email for general questions concerning BAR and its program contents, email BAR's Editor at BAREditor@dca.ca.gov.
For questions regarding publications, please call 800.952.5210.
Department of Motor Vehicles
For questions about Smog Check exemptions, registration deadlines, and other motor vehicle-related services, please call 800.777.0133 or visit www.dmv.ca.gov.
California Environmental Protection Agency/Air Resources Board (ARB)
ARB is responsible for developing statewide programs and strategies to reduce air pollution and the emission of smog-forming pollutants by mobile sources. For additional information about ARB programs or for questions regarding engine changes, aftermarket parts, and gray-market vehicles, please call ARB's Helpline at 800.242.4450 or visit www.arb.ca.gov.
Help Fight Smog!
To report polluters, please call the ARB's Vehicle Complaint Hotline at 800.END.SMOG or 800.363.7664.
For additional information, check the ARB air pollution complaints web page:
Your support for clean air is greatly appreciated!