Smog Check Inspection Manual and Guide
- The Smog Check Inspection Procedures Manual provides specific emissions inspection procedures for vehicles subject to the Smog Check Program. The Manual was adopted into BAR regulations on December 16, 2009. The Manual, in part, contains information about diesel vehicle inspections.
- The Smog Check Reference Guide contains information pertaining to the operation of a Smog Check station, such as licensing requirements, repair cost waiver, and equipment maintenance. The Appendices in the Guide also provide advisement related to aftermarket emission parts, alternative fueled vehicles, and engine changes.
BAR's Website contains information regarding the Smog Check Program, including but not limited to:
- BAR certified emissions test equipment
- Auto Repair and Smog Check Newsletters
- BAR ET Blasts
- BAR approved emissions test equipment replacement parts
- Laws and Regulations
- Station licensing application forms
- Technician licensing application forms
- Limited vehicle Smog Check history
- Air Resources Board approved/exempted aftermarket parts
- On Board Diagnostics