To protect and serve California consumers by ensuring a fair and competitive automotive repair marketplace and administering a model motor vehicle emissions reduction program.
The Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) will be the recognized leader in protecting consumers in the automotive repair marketplace and promoting continuous improvement in the motor vehicle emissions reduction program.
As a government agency dedicated to protecting and serving California consumers, the Bureau of Automotive Repair values:
- ACCOUNTABILITY - We are accountable to the people of California.
- INTEGRITY - We are honest, fair, and respectful of others. We are forthright and deliver on our commitments.
- EMPLOYEES - We value and recognize employee contributions and talent.
- EFFICIENCY - We diligently identify the best ways to deliver high quality services with the most efficient use of our resources.
- EFFECTIVENESS - We make informed decisions that make a difference.
- INNOVATION - We value new ideas and concepts, which are fundamental to our successful delivery of services to consumers and the efficient regulation of the automotive marketplace.