EnforcementThe Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) licenses and regulates automotive repair dealers and technicians who specialize in the inspection and repair of lamp, brake, and smog control systems. BAR's Enforcement Division mediates consumer complaints, conducts investigations, disciplines registered auto repair dealers who fail to comply with the Automotive Repair Act or its regulations, and takes action against unlicensed individuals.
- Disciplinary Actions & Citations
- News Releases
- April 8, 2014 - Stockton Auto Body Shop's License Revoked
- January 23, 2014 - Banning Smog Check Station's License Revoked
- June 29, 2012 - Hayward Smog Check Station's License Suspended
- May 10, 2012 - Authorities Raid Smog Check Station, Evidence Seized
- April 18, 2012 - Los Angeles Smog Check Station's License Suspended
- February 10, 2012 - Los Angeles Smog Check Station's Licenses Suspended
- February 10, 2012 - Ontario Smog Check Stations' Licenses Suspended
- February 10, 2012 - Los Angeles County Smog Check Station's License Suspended
- February 1, 2012 - Lawndale Smog Check Station's Licenses Suspended
- January 18, 2012 - Riverside County Smog Check Station's License Suspended
- Unlicensed Activity
Unlicensed ActivityPlease note: The individuals or entities identified herein were found to be performing automotive repairs without a valid registration on the date of the citation and may have subsequently become registered. For the most up-to-date licensing information, please visit the Department of Consumer Affairs license verification page: DCA Web License Look Up.